Volunteer at The Arizona Pet Project
Looking for a doggone worthy and rewarding way to spend your time? Consider volunteering with The Arizona Pet Project. We need enthusiastic volunteers to help us support pets and people in our community!
Some of the ways you can help include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Assistance
- Thank you letters and phone calls to our supporters
- Data entry
- Event Support:
- Event planning and support committees
- Silent auction assistance
- Community Outreach
- Pass out flyers in communities regarding upcoming clinic dates and spay and neuter benefits
- Build trust and relationships within neighborhoods
- Spanish speakers in high need, but not required
- Spay and Neuter Clinics
- Greet families and pets upon arrival
- Ensure pets are secured while waiting for their appointment
- Answer questions and support check in and check out process
- Shelter Intervention– Program administrative support
- Intervention follow-up
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Organizing pet supply drives
- Construction– to support families in keeping their pets.
- Building dog runs
- Fence repair
- Building shade structures
Volunteer at Maricopa County Animal Care & Control
Maricopa County Animal Care & Control (MCACC) shelters take in more than 100 homeless animals every day. They desperately need your support to save lives.
Volunteers enable MCACC to give homeless animals the care and attention they deserve. They’re needed on a daily basis to care for shelter animals. Duties can include:
- Walking dogs
- Matching a family with their new kitten
- Providing temporary foster homes for sick or underage animals
- Assisting at mobile adoption sites
- Offering clerical and administrative assistance to staff
If you’re interested in volunteering for MCACC, you must attend a minimum of one MCACC volunteer orientation. To volunteer at MCACC shelters, you may be required to attend further training sessions.
For more information or to get started, call MCACC at 602-506-8133.