Can you hear it now? The lack of harmony from your friends and family as they sing, “Happy Birthday to you!” as you stare down a delicious, frosted cake feeling the heat from all those candles to make a great wish for the year, and make it fast!
The best thing about birthdays is that people have to pay attention to you. At least for a day, and more like a week, hopefully a whole month, people should be celebrating just how special you are.
Thanks to Facebook, you can use your birthday powers for good! Facebook takes the birthday celebration digital by creating a philanthropic party you can invite all your friends, family, co-workers, and even that neighbor down the street who always wants to pet your dog when you are on a walk.
It’s a great way to give back to an organization and community you care about, and to inspire others to do the same- all to celebrate you, birthday star!
Wondering how it works? We got you!
How Do I Create My Own Fundraiser for The Arizona Pet Project?
Birthday fundraisers are created within the Facebook platform, and it only takes a few simple steps to set yours up:
- Select https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/ at the beginning of your birthday month.
- Select the organization you want your favorite humans to donate to on your behalf (we’re hoping you choose The Arizona Pet Project here).
- Upload an image and description as to why you’ve chosen an organization for others to donate to, in lieu of a birthday gift. Are you a current donor or volunteer? Did our team help you and your pet out at some point? Are you grateful for the services and support we provide on a daily basis? Just love our mission and want to get involved?
Whatever your reason- shout it from the roof tops- passion is contagious. Let them know why their donation would mean so much to you, and the pets and families you will help!
4. Select a monetary goal and a timeline for your fundraiser. There’s no solid strategy for these types of campaigns, but giving 3 to 4 weeks to run is generally helpful. $227.00 is the average cost to keep a family together through our shelter intervention program and $100.00 sponsors a pet at our free community wellness clinic and provides a free spay or neuter surgery, vaccines, an e-collar, and post operation pain medication.
Make sure your fundraiser is happening on your actual birthday, so as people wish you a happy birthday on your profile, your fundraiser will meet them at the top of your page!
5. Hit save and share to your personal page! Be sure to manually invite a good selection of close friends and family once your fundraiser goes live. Early donations will serve as a great kick-off to your fundraiser.
Keep Friends Engaged and Provide Updates:
Once your fundraiser begins and friends start donating, make sure you individually thank each person who contributes. Tag them on your initial post so they publicly see your gratitude. This will also let other friends know your fundraiser is active and that it’s something you care about.
We recommend posting photos, links, stories anything to inspire your network to show you some birthday love. Our blog is a great source of heartwarming content!
At The Arizona Pet Project, we check out all the incredible birthday fundraisers compassionate supporters, just like YOU, have created for us. We are so grateful for individuals who use their special day to help pets and the people who love them most.
From all of us at The Arizona Pet Project, Happy Birthday and Happy Fun-raising! (See what we did there! Hey, at least we didn’t try to sing.)